søndag 21. august 2011

IF; Influence

.
This week's topic is "Influence", suggested by Emily Wilson (http://www.emilywilsondesigns.com/)

"In the beginning you must subject yourself to the influence of nature. You must be able to walk firmly on the ground before you start walking on a tightrope." ~ Henri Matisse





Tomorrow is the first day for the students ... and I wonder if the teacher in 'the good old days' had more influence on the students than we have today. I sometimes observe that some of them seem to think they do not need to practice any more, they already know everything....  I will refer to them the words of Matisse!

Background left : Painting by Nikolai Astrup, The morning of March - 1920, right: Sculpture  by Bernini, Apollo and Daphne, 1625



.

5 kommentarer:

  1. Hope you have a great first day of school! :)

    SvarSlett
  2. I love this one! So much potential with the paints and brushes :) Wishing the best to all the teachers and students starting up school again.

    SvarSlett
  3. A great quote! And I love your illustration. Totally recognizable thoughts on teaching... I think you might influence them more than both you and they realize. I think sometimes the students don´t realize what they are learning until way after they´ve learned it and incorporated it into their lives. (difficult sentence, but maybe you understand what i mean) Do keep being strict with them though, hard work and devotion are good things!

    SvarSlett
  4. I enjoy the juxtapositions in your image. I still remember art teachers from high school who influenced me by challenging me - and have a few of the pieces still. Good memories.

    SvarSlett
  5. Looks like you're ready to start creating! Teachers today still have much influence- and students still need guidance...A delicate balancing act for that tightrope, but successful when it's all said and done!
    Happy back to school! :o)

    SvarSlett

Hyggelig at du tar deg tid til å legge igjen en hilsen.
Det setter jeg veldig pris på!
Alle kommentarer vil godkjennes før publisering.