mandag 23. august 2010

IF; Atmosphere

.


“For me, a landscape does not exist in its own right, since its appearance changes at every moment; but the surrounding atmosphere brings it to life - the light and the air which vary continually. For me, it is only the surrounding atmosphere which gives subjects their true value.” ~ Claude Monet

This is what the landscape was like last Easter. Hope for more gentle winter the coming year.

Look at http://livetilia.blogspot.com/2010/04/paske-i-lia.html



.

4 kommentarer:

  1. So soft, it almost looks warm. And I KNOW it was seriously cold this winter! :-) I really like your pine-trees, I find them a bit difficult to paint...

    SvarSlett
  2. Hello! Lovely watercolor, such a tranquil atmosphere! :o)

    SvarSlett
  3. Hi Biorg,

    Thanks so much for your appreciation of my art and words for last week's Illustration Friday: atmosphere! (I hope you liked the immovable post too... I've been getting lots of comments on the art... and zillions of 'hits' from it being my 'word of the week'---love that!)

    I loved your illustration for 'caged.' It reminds me of one of my favorite artists, Robert Marx. (Here's one of the places you can see a lot of his work: http://www.davidsongalleries.com/artists/marx/marx-cpdc.php ). And your little watercolor landscape is very beautiful and tasty... just the sort of simplicity that I long for in my own work, and which has eluded me, so far. It's the thing I love most about watercolor: it's ability to express an ephemeral moment in time... Quite a lot of the images on my blog and website are oil, from the rapidly receding past, but I work almost exclusively in watercolor these days, and it is always, still, a love-hate relationship! :-D

    Best wishes,
    Susan Sorrell Hill

    SvarSlett

Hyggelig at du tar deg tid til å legge igjen en hilsen.
Det setter jeg veldig pris på!
Alle kommentarer vil godkjennes før publisering.