søndag 11. september 2011

IF; Boundaries

This week's topic is "Boundaries" suggested by Ronni designing fairy (http://designingfairy.blogspot.com/ and new blog: http://thedesigningfairy.com/).

"Dreams have always expanded our understanding of reality by challenging our boundaries of the real, of the possible. " ~ Henry Reed






This illustration is inspired by a poem I wrote for my textile work from 1977 related to what happened to Victor Jara in September 16, 1973.
My textile work is in the attic somewhere, but the lyric I remember is about the dream of roses without thorns, the hope for a better world!

The same year the sing song writer Lars Klevstand made the song 'Riv ned gjerdene' (Tear down the fences) based on the same theme.
Sorry - could not find the song on You Tube.

7 kommentarer:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sure, you can copy my dragonflies. Thanks for asking. Can you put a link to my site as well? http://sharonrwagner.blogspot.com I enjoyed your barbed wire stems. I guess it is hard to get the good without the bad.

    SvarSlett
  2. mycket intressant! det var också kul att se föreberedelserna i det tidigare inlägget!

    SvarSlett
  3. You beautifully show how damaging it is to the rose when you remove its thorns.
    Paula

    SvarSlett
  4. Nice photo! Thanks for stopping by :)

    SvarSlett
  5. It is OK - this is a perfect blogg-post, I think you hit the nail on the head. Victor Jaras dead was a tragedy, and the Chilean leaders did not understand. Do they understand today?

    Are we destroying the coherence we built during the last part of last century? I will not give up.

    SvarSlett
  6. Good job, I wish I could read the poem too. Best Regards, Heloisa

    SvarSlett

Hyggelig at du tar deg tid til å legge igjen en hilsen.
Det setter jeg veldig pris på!
Alle kommentarer vil godkjennes før publisering.